On 12/4/2015 10:17 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Just discovered that even though SM 2.39 remembers my passwords and logs
> into various sites successfully, the Password Manager pretends it doesn't.
>
> If I launch the PM (or the Data Manager) and search for various domains,
> it returns no hits for domains where it logs in successfully with my
> userid and password. Those same domains, after login, have data on the
> "Cookies" tab, but the "Passwords" tab is grayed out.
>
> If I clear the search window and just choose "Passwords only," it lists
> no domains.
>
> Any idea how I can restore the previous functionality?
>
> Thanks.
>
> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/42.0 SeaMonkey/2.39
> Build identifier: 20151103191810

Get the custom Password button extension from
<https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/toolbar_button_maker/>.  It is
about 1/3 down the page in the right-hand column.  Download it and
convert it for SeaMonkey at <http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/>.
Install the converted .xpi file.  Then right-click on your SeaMonkey
menu bar or tool bar, select Customize from the pull-down context menu,
and drag the icon (a key) to the bar.

Note:  You might have to first download and install the Toolbar Buttons
extension from
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/toolbar-buttons/>.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.