EE wrote:
>That was essentially what I had been doing. It is complicated by having
>many duplicate entries and and unknown number that I would NOW say I had
>placed in an inappropriate folder. I doubt that less than 10% of the
>unique URL's will be deleted. Part of what I need to know for a useful
>reorganization is how many times have which URL's have been duplicated.

CheckPlaces can find duplicates.  It works in SeaMonkey as well as
Firefox.  It is no longer at the Mozilla addons site, but it is
obtainable from here:
http://daniel-lange.com/archives/71-SyncPlaces,-SortPlaces-...-preserving-these-and-other-excellent-Firefox-add-ons.html

Another tool that may be worth looking at is AM-Deadlink, to find out how many bookmarks resolve to invalid URLs: http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm

The caveat on this one is that it's no longer supported, and with Mozilla browsers using a database, rather than a flat file for bookmarks, you don't want to use it to delete bookmarks directly (instead, use it to identify dead bookmarks, and delete/modify from the bookmark tool).

Smith