Paul Gheno wrote:

Hello Dear seamonkey support reader,

I've downloaded seamonkey for a while now, using it everyday.
One of the big issue I encounter is the UI itself.

-Top menu buttons are not efficient, not really intuitive

You may be right about the icons, but I'm not a big icon kinda guy, so I just read the words "Send," "Address," etc. and they're perfectly clear.

One of the things I learned in my days as a teacher was that different students have different learning styles, and the best strategy is to say the same thing several different ways so they can all hear it. If the program presents an icon that works for some people, and a bit of text that works for others, and some other format that works for still others, that's a good UI. If it presents the message in only one way, some users will get it and some will not, and that's poor design.

-tabs cannot be closed in a simple way

Sure they can. CTRL-W closes the current tab, as does CTRL-F4. You can also close a tab by clicking the little "x" at the far right, under the SeaMonkey symbol, or close all tabs by clicking the large "X" at the top right of the window or by pressing ALT-F4. Finally, CTRL-Q closes the entire SeaMonkey suite at once, no questions asked.

It's true that there's no simple way to close a non-current tab; you basically have to select a tab (make it active) in order to close it. The nearest thing to an easy way is if you right-click the non-current tab and choose "Close tab" -- still a two-step process, but they're small, easy steps.

-seamonkey "modules" like IRC Chat, Email, etc ... are hidden. This
features should appear in a usefull and easy way

These features, as noted in other responses in this thread, are all available with a single click on the corresponding icons at lower left, just above the Windows "Start" button, unless the user has hidden the status bar that contains them.

Paul B. Gallagher