Daniel wrote:
On 19/01/2016 2:16 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

<Snip>
Start Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey (which ever app profile you are
transferring) and EVERYTHING is transferred. Works just fine when moving
from Windows to Linux too.

Jonathan, what do you mean "Works just fine when moving from Windows to
Linux too."?? Do you have one computer that runs Windows and another
computer that runs Linux??

I have one computer that runs Windows and many computers that run Linux. But what I meant was moving a profile from Windows to Linux. Converted a number of ex-XP users to Linux.

This Laptop (and my old Desktop) dual boot Windows and Linux and I have
the one set of Profile files on my Windows7 which both versions of
SeaMonkey use!

I am assuming that you mean using the same profile on a dual boot machine and not from two different computers. Since Windows can only natively recognize "Windows" filesystems, sure you can mount the Windows partition in Linux and adjust the profile.ini in ~/.mozilla/seamonkey to absolute path for profile and point to the Windows partition, e.g.,

/mnt/windows/Users/YOU/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Seamonkey/Profiles/SALT.default

The only thing I could say could be an issue is the recorded paths for downloads and such the "\" vs "/" thing. Personally I would just copy the profile to the other OS and use IMAP for mail.

Now sharing between two different systems "can" be done but is very problematic. Back in the days before IMAP was popular I think it was Communicator or Mozilla browser and tried it for some clients then need to share mailboxes. Bad idea. Very brittle, sharing issues, easily corrupts, etc...

--
Take care,

Jonathan