EE wrote:

After looking at it a bit more closely, I realized that the dialog
box does not change size when I click to open the folder list. One
has to drag the resizer a bit to get it to drop down to the full
size. How would one force the folder list to resize itself when
opened?

On my untweaked 2.39 system, I can resize the dialog by dragging the edges, and SM remembers the size from then on. Not for you?

The vertical limit of resizing seems to be that I can make it so small that only one of my bookmark folders is visible, but I cannot shrink it beyond that to hide all bookmark folders or the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons. Not for you?

So why hard-code the box size? Why not just let the user choose his preferred size by eye and let SeaMonkey remember that as it will by default? You seem to be going to an awful lot of trouble to create a problem that doesn't exist when you take the program out of the box.

Paul B. Gallagher