Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote on 2/13/2016 9:49 PM:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 17:07:09 -0500, WaltS48 <thalion...@removeaim.om>
wrote:

On 02/13/2016 04:59 PM, Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:01:56 +0100, Ray_Net
<tbrraymond.schmit...@tbrscarlet.be> wrote:

Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote on 13/02/2016 20:27:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:47:58 +0100, Ray_Net
<tbrraymond.schmit...@tbrscarlet.be> wrote:

Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote on 12/02/2016 20:41:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 10:23:48 -0500, "G. Ross" <g...@comsouth.net>
wrote:

Daniel wrote:
On 12/02/16 23:52, Daniel wrote:
On 12/02/16 22:29, G. Ross wrote:
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 12:36:38 -0500, "G. Ross" <g...@comsouth.net>
wrote:

I have used seamonkey since it was mozilla.  It seems to be getting
slower (browser).  Weather.com takes forever to load all it's little
programs and sometimes hangs, for the past month.  Mail and newsgroups
do fine.  I updated to the latest version of Seamonkey with no
appreciable speed-up.  I have Java, NoScript enabled. Flash set to
always ask.

In desperation I tried Internet Exploder for the weather.com and it
pops up almost instantaneously.

Any advice appreciated.
Which version of SM? 32 or 64 bit? I am not finding it being slower
with newer versions. Quite the contrary.

Give this candidate build a whirl and see if it improves your
situation:
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-release-windows32/

How do you tell if 32 or 64 bit?  My computer is 64 but only saw one
version of 2.39 and installed it.  Note:  I am 75 and my brain is 2 bit.

The "windows32" would indicate, to me, that it's 32 bit. A 64 bit might
have something like "x86_64" in the link!

No!! Of course I'd be wrong!! ..... Try this one ....

https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-aurora-linux64/
And what a goose!! Tonight I'm on Linux, so of course the link I gave
was for Linux!! ;-(

Try
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-aurora-windows64/

Thank you!  I downloaded the installer.  Still thinking about
installing it.
I'd probably not use an aurora build since it's very alpha. Stick with
release builds if you want stability.
In https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.39/  an official
release build ...
I cannot see Win64 - I just see win32
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-release-windows64/
Where did you see there an OFFICIAL release of SM 2.39 for 64 bits ?
You show always UNofficial versions.
Would you say that SM 64 bits is unofficial ?
None exists because 2.39 is based on 32-bit Firefox. 64-bit Firefox
didn't become official until v43 or v44 which is not what SM 2.39 is
based on. 2.40 was cancelled. I'm running 2.42 beta myself after
having run 2.41 for a while. 2.42 is based on FF 45.0. 2.41 is based
on FF 44.0. You'll be waiting until you're old and grey before the
build system is fixed. You can run the ones from ~akalla as they're
the closest thing to release you will get presently.

I am old and grey! Does that mean I'll have to wait until I'm dead and
buried (or in my case dissected by med students) before the build system
is fixed. ;)

At this point, yup. Those builds in the akalla folder are being done
on a loaner machine set up to keep things limping along until the
build system, if ever, gets straightened out. It's been about a year
since it broke so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Umm, what is the issue with hardware here? Who's providing it and why is it broken for a year? Who owns/provides it?

And what exactly constitutes a "build system"?

I understand SM is a volunteer project but if there is a need for help with this please be specific.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/