Ray_Net wrote:
I have for my account Composition & Addressing, - "Compose messages in
HTML format".
All  goes well ... when composing the html-formatting bar is present ...
then I send the mail, and SM propose me to send in "html and plain text"
or in "html only" or in "plain text only".
When I choose in "plain text only" .. the mail is sent in plain text
only - so far, so good.
Then, per exemple I need to sent this mail to another friend, so I do
"Message" - "Edit Message as New" ...
AND the html-formatting bar is NOT present evenwhile my option
"Composition & Addressing" is "Compose messages in HTML format".
So I cannot add some html gadget for my "another friend".

I recall that coming up here before. Basically, "Edit Message as New" edits the message as it was sent. If it was sent as plain text, that's what "Edit Message as New" gives you.

If you want to send exactly the same message to several people, but without them seeing each other's addresses, you can sent to them all at once using BCC. Using the option to send as HTML and plain text includes both formats in a single message, so those who can read HTML mail see the formatted version while those who can't can read the plain text version. That's the option I usually use if I'm sending HTML formatted mail at all (if I'm not using any formatting, which is the usual case, I just compose as plain text in the first place).

If you want to send a similar message to each person, but making a few changes each time, you could create the original message as HTML and save as a template. Then open the template for each recipient, edit as required, and send it to them selecting whichever format they need. If you don't want to keep the template around for future use, you can delete it.

--
Mark.