On 04/18/2016 07:37 AM, Daniel wrote:
Normally, when I file a Bookmark, I want to put it in a particular Group/Sub-Folder, but, with this Windows version of SM 2.40, I'm having troubles getting to particular Sub-Folders, e.g. somebody recently posted a link to http://info.cern.ch/ with a claim that it was the first *ever* website, so I thought I'd save the link in my "General" Sub-Folder of my Bookmarks.

Previously, a sub-screen would open showing my Bookmarks file structure and I would just select the Sub-Folder that I wanted the new Bookmark saved to, then click "O.K." and ... job done.

Now, I think, when I click on Bookmarks->File Bookmark, I am taken to a "New Bookmark" screen, which allows me to add bits and pieces about the new bookmark, but doesn't allow me to select the particular sub-folder that I want the Bookmark saved to .... unless it happens to be one of the half dozen or so listed on the "Folder:" drop-down of the sub-screen. Where this list comes from, I don't know ... unless it is a listing of the sub-folders to which I may have previously filed bookmarks directly to.

Have I started doing something wrong?? How do I get back to the old situation where I could file a bookmark to any of the forty or more sub-folders in my Bookmarks Folder??

(Lately, any bookmarks I save are just being added to the bottom of the Bookmarks drop-down! :-( )

I think BM are broken.

All Bookmarks functionality broken due to Toolkit Bug 1257599 which renamed ‘Unsorted Bookmarks’ into ‘Other Bookmarks’

REF: <https://blog.mozilla.org/meeting-notes/archives/2365>

--
    Linux Mint 17.3
    Go Pens! Go Bucs!