On 04/19/2016 09:37 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 4/19/2016 7:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 04/19/2016 05:36 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 4/19/2016 2:43 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

On 4/19/2016 10:45 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

Use 2 profiles.

Of course. I'll even quote myself:
<Begin quotation>
BUT I *MUST* have access to the same set of mails and Usenet
accounts
[including status, flag, very customized tags, etc].
</End quotation>

Well, then, I spose the way to go would be to have both profiles
point to the same mail folders. Obviously, you must not have both
profiles open at the same time.

_*HOW*_ ?

_*Why?

*_Work_**_on browser project #1 with the Mail & Newsgroups profile.

Work on browser project #2 with just a browser profile.

*NO*

Question itself *EXPLICITLY* eliminates that as being acceptable!

Create a profile just for Mail & Newsgroups, start it with
whatever command Windows uses to start just that window, and use
it for both browser projects, while having separate profiles for
each browser project.

How? This might help.
<http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#sharing>

Link valuable on other topics while it avoids my question.

I will re-quote a key statement in my original post

BUT I *MUST* have access to the same set of mails and Usenet accounts
   _*[including status, flag, very customized tags, etc]*_

Looks like nobody knows how, or isn't inclined to experiment creating customized tags, status, flags, etc in one profile and figuring out how to move it all to another.

Too complicated for me to attempt, and I have experimented to help solve problems in the past.

Heck, SeaMonkey is too complicated to setup an email account in for me. I have no idea what the port numbers are. Thunderbird finds and enters that information for me.

Good luck!
--
    Linux Mint 17.3
    Go Pens! Go Bucs!