On 4/22/2016 10:08 AM, Gerry Hickman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My SeaMonkey 2.39 is set to auto-update, but it has not updated to 2.40
> yet? Even "Help : Check for Updates" says there are no updates available...

If you are indeed in the UK as your address indicates and if you are
indeed using some version of Windows as your user agent header field
indicates, then go go
<https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.40/win32/en-GB/>,
download SeaMonkey Setup 2.40.exe, and install it over your existing
SeaMonkey.

Yes, I know that manually installing software is considered primitive.
On the other hand, I have three reasons to do it.

*       I maintain both my own PC and my wife's.  I want to download only once
and install twice.

*       I want to control when to do an installation.  I do not want
time-critical tasks (e.g., stock transactions) interrupted or even
killed while an automatic installation occurs.

*       Before I retired, I did software test and configuration, which I still
do for my own PC.  I use an application that logs all changes to my PC
when I install new software or update existing software.  To prevent
contamination of the log from extraneous Internet activity, I download
the installer, disconnect from the Internet, start the logging, and then
install.  Afterwards, I run the final phase of the logger and finally
reconnect to the Internet.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Sarah Palin claims Bill Nye (the "Science Guy") is no more
a scientist than she is.  Nye has a Bachelor of Science degree
in mechanical engineering.  Palin has degree in communications
with an emphasis on journalism.  Somehow, engineering seems to
be more scientific than journalism.