On 4/23/2016 6:37 PM, no...@nonospam.org wrote:
> What is the program you are using to log all PC changes? Thanks!
>
> David E. Ross wrote:
>>
>> *    Before I retired, I did software test and configuration, which I still
>> do for my own PC.  I use an application that logs all changes to my PC
>> when I install new software or update existing software.  To prevent
>> contamination of the log from extraneous Internet activity, I download
>> the installer, disconnect from the Internet, start the logging, and then
>> install.  Afterwards, I run the final phase of the logger and finally
>> reconnect to the Internet.

InCtrl5.  I got it years ago from the PC Magazine Web site.  It was
freeware, but I think it is now purchase-ware.

It was not easy to install and run.  I finally had to set its properties
to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

While intended to launch installer executables, I found that I had
instead to run it in its two-phase mode -- run InCtrl5 to collect
"before" status, let it terminate, execute the installer myself, and
then relaunch InCtrl5 to collect "after" status and generate a report.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Sarah Palin claims Bill Nye (the "Science Guy") is no more
a scientist than she is.  Nye has a Bachelor of Science degree
in mechanical engineering.  Palin has degree in communications
with an emphasis on journalism.  Somehow, engineering seems to
be more scientific than journalism.