Zeb Carter composed on 2016-04-25 20:33 (UTC-0500):

I provide computer support for an older couple and they use SeaMonkey.
The husband has lost a couple of tool bars in the compose window.

The tool bar with File/Edit/View/Options/Tools/Window/Help and the one
with Send/Address/Attach/Spell/Security/Save are missing.

The top of his compose window Has the From: <user name>, To:, and
Subject and the body. That is it!

   There doesn't appear to be any option to enable Menu Bar or Mail
toolbar when right clicking on the top of the Window.

How do I get the missing tool bars back?

It might depend on how they got hidden. If the grippies are showing horizontally at the left edge, clicking one will turn it back vertical and show the corresponding menubar.

If the grippies are missing, key in

        Alt-V

which will open the view menu, from which the show/hide menu can be used to toggle them back on.

If the disappearance occurred due to accidentally clicking a grippy, you may wish to hide the grippies so that accident will no longer be possible. To do so, in profilename/chrome/userChrome.css (create directory and file if necessary), place the following, and then restart SM:

        toolbargrippy {display: none !important}

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/