On 04/26/2016 07:13 AM, Zeb Carter wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Zeb Carter wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Zeb Carter wrote:

I provide computer support for an older couple and they use SeaMonkey.
The husband has lost a couple of tool bars in the compose window.

The tool bar with File/Edit/View/Options/Tools/Window/Help and the one
with Send/Address/Attach/Spell/Security/Save are missing.

The top of his compose window Has the From: <user name>, To:, and
Subject and the body. That is it!

  There doesn't appear to be any option to enable Menu Bar or Mail
toolbar when right clicking on the top of the Window.

How do I get the missing tool bars back?

Two things to look for:

1) In a composition window, pull down the View menu to Show/Hide and see
if the corresponding boxes are checked:
[โœ“] Menu Bar
[โœ“] Mail Toolbar
[โœ“] Status Bar
If they aren't, check the boxes to enable them.

2) If that doesn't solve it, look along the left edge of the screen next
to the "From:" line and you'll see a speckled vertical bar with a
downward pointing triangle. Follow it with your eye to the bottom, just under "Subject:" and above the message body, and you'll see one or more horizontal versions of the same thing. Click each of them to reveal the
corresponding toolbar.

I know about the grippies on the left side of the boxes. The only
grippies visible correspond to the areas I mentioned. I've even tried
resizing the screen but that doesn't do anything either.

I'm thinking there might be something in chrome or userprefs.js perhaps
that got screwed up.

So you're saying step 1) above was not helpful either?

That's one of the things I checked for right off the bat.

Even restarting in safe mode didn't help. And he has no add ons except pref bar.

That's an interesting one!

Looks like somebody removed the check marks for the Menu Bar and Mail Toolbar. Like I just did to try and reproduce the problem.

Now that I have reproduced the problem, I can't find a spot anywhere in the composition window to bring those back. There are no grippies, right clicking in the Header bar doesn't bring up the customize window.

Looks like we both have broken SeaMonkey's now.

A new profile should fix it.

This post originally typed in SeaMonkey, but with no Send button, well you know I couldn't send it. Probably a key command for that.

--
    Linux Mint 17.3
    Go Pens! Go Bucs!