Part of my problem is that Netscape/Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey has always worked so well I've had no cause to search for answers for odd questions.

*KUDOS* to generations of developers!!!!

Problems/questions discovered while going through mechanics of creating a very customized profile and moving existing data to it.

1. Data Manager lists sites that should never have any permanent reference on my machine. The only page I could find was http://kb.mozillazine.org/Data_Manager It has tabs for Cookies, Permissions, Preferences, Passwords, and Storage Cookies: (which I delete daily) and Passwords seem to be handled properly
      Permissions and Preferences: - what is function?
I can think of no instance where I would like a site to deviate from my personal defaults for more than a day. I routinely surf with cookies and
      JavaScript disabled.
      Storage: - What is this?
2. In about:config is there any way to discover *ALL* non-default items? 3. "cert8.db - Security certificate settings " - what is in there? In a never used
   profile its size is 64 kb. In my active profile it is 704 kb.

TIA