David E. Ross wrote:
It seems that when I launch SeaMonkey, there is always a delay in
visiting the first Web page I select.  If I clear that site's cookies
and delete my cache, revisiting that page is much quicker.

I have the blue circle throbber on my menu bar.  With the first Web page
after launching, it does not "bubble" right away.  Instead, there is a
delay of 2-3 seconds.

Reading this again, I think I misunderstood what you were reporting. I read the first paragraph, and assumed you were saying SM was slow to launch (slow to render the main window for the first time).

Now looking at the second paragraph, I think you're saying SM renders the main Window quite quickly, BUT then takes time to load the actual HTML web page?

Further to this, I don't really understand the second paragraph, about the "throbber" and the "bubble". In my SM theme I just have a "stop" button on the toolbar (not the menu bar) and I have a status bar at the bottom of the main window.

One other idea for your specific issue, have you tried disabling extensions and plugins and launching again?

My launch issue is different. In my case it was taking a long time (three seconds) from clicking the shortcut, before the main Window appeared on the screen. I did some tracing and found it was related to WinSock. I disabled the Windows Firewall (FOR TESTING ONLY) and it launched straight away. My network stack is a mess with six different virtual adapters (I need to clean it up) the firewall is probably waiting for a disconnected network adapter that is timing out.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)