It has been widely reported that chase.com will no longer allow access with SeaMonkey.

The workaround has been to use the User Agent spoofing function of PrefBar to tell the site Firefox is being used.

This works, but only up to a point. I can login, look at account balances, download activity, and pay bills for existing payees.

But in the Manage Payees area, I needed to delete one payee and edit the information for another. Clicking on the appropriate buttons for these functions did NOT work.

I logged out and closed SeaMonkey, then started Firefox v48 and logged into the site again. This time, the functions in question worked correctly.

Bottom line: Even though you can spoof the browser identity to access the website, there is some difference between SeaMonkey and Firefox which prevents SeaMonkey from being totally functional at chase.com

Since there could also be other issues that might not be obvious, I am reluctant to continue using SeaMonkey to access this site. :-(

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.