On 8/28/2016 6:33 AM, Desiree wrote [in part]:
> You assume too much.  Chase is the LOWEST FIXED credit card interest
> rate of all banks I have cards from or have looked at.  Plus, I have a
> HIGH credit limit at Chase on my Slate card.  Certainly, no local credit
> union would offer anything like Chase even with my 822 FICO score.
> Local credit unions offer dinky credit cards and NONE offer FIXED rate.
>   I have three local credit cards from local banks.  My Chase non local
> card is the only one with a very low FIXED interest rate and three times
> higher credit limit than my local cards.

Since I pay off ALL my credit cards monthly, interest rates on credit
cards are meaningless to me.  I feel that financing short-term living
expenses with long-term debt is definitely NOT the way towards financial
security.  As for earning "points", my credit union no-fee Visa card
earns 1% back on ALL purchases.

In any case, I have yet to find a bank -- large or small -- that has
interest rates on loans lower than either of the two credit unions where
I have accounts.  My home-equity line of credit is 0.4% above prime,
currently 3.875% with no fees.

--
David E. Ross

Republicans scream that Hillary Clinton was responsible
for the tragedy in Benghazi.  They conveniently forget
that it was the Republican-controlled Congress that
drastically cut the State Department's budget for
embassy and consulate protection.