On 09/24/2016 06:44 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 9/23/2016 7:50 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 09/23/2016 02:48 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 9/23/2016 12:35 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/23/2016 10:07 AM, »Q« wrote:
In <news:8scdnxerjaz2z3jknz2dnuu7-fvnn...@mozilla.org>,
Richard Owlett <rowl...@cloud85.net> wrote:

On 9/23/2016 10:15 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/23/2016 3:08 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
A few weeks ago a site annoyed me by automatically
redirecting me
somewhere else.

I discovered that there was a setting to block it until
permission given.
I now think the cure is more nuisance than it's worth.
I don't remember how to toggle it.
Using SeaMonkey 2.40 on WinXP.
Help please.
TIA

Enter "about:config" (without the quotes) in the SeaMonkey
address
area (URI bar).  In the Search area, enter "redirect" (again
without the quotes).  Any entry that is bold is something
you might
have changed.

Thank you.
That wasn't fruitful. Everything that came up had a status of
"default" rather than "user set". Knowing how I normally do
things I likely would have used something under
Edit->Profiles. I
use "about:config" so rarely I hadn't thought of looking there
for what had been changed. I know I had intentionally changed
"something".

Any suggestions?

accessibility.blockautorefresh

I think there's also a checkbox for it in SeaMonkey's
options, but I
don't know where.

On the menu bar, select [Edit > Preferences].  On the left
side of the
Preferences window, select [Appearance > Content].  It is the
next-to-last checkbox.

Thank you. I'm regularly in in the Appearance menu  handling
what site designers foist on we of tri-focal brigade. This time
I hadn't drilled down far enough. But it was worthwhile - I
just noticed an option to zoom text but not images. I'll have
to experiment with that one. I force a minimum font size. Some
sites [whose designers have perfect vision and huge monitors]
have a menagerie of absolute and relative positioning which
give horrible results. I have a site in mind. More later if I
discover anything useful.

Thanks all for the responses.

You should switch to Firefox and use the Reader View feature when
a site provides it.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages#firefox:winxp:fx49>

That page doesn't provide motivation to move to an unfamiliar environment. I was a Netscape user and I appreciate continuity of the User Experience YMMV ;)

Hopefully, they will add Reader View to SeaMonkey. Maybe it already has it, I'll have to check my 2.40 later.

They are adding the Firefox developer tools, bundling Lightning, and making other improvements.

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS