Ant wrote:
On 10/27/2016 11:20 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ant wrote:

Here is a screen shot/capture example of my fullscreen issue in my new
SM and 64-bit W7 HPE SP1: https://i.imgbox.com/BemsVpHV.jpg ...

I see what you mean, but can't reproduce it. When I click the maximize
button in the video (I went to exactly the URL you showed), it just does
as it's told and maximizes. No complaint, no error message.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/43.0 SeaMonkey/2.40

I do have Flash 23.0.0.185 installed, if that matters, and some MIME
types are handled by the VLC 2.2.4.0 plugin.

I do sometimes get the error message you illustrate when a YouTube video
is embedded in another site, but I just click "YouTube" to play it there
and the problem disappears.

Are your YouTube videos in Flash or HTML5? You can right click on their
videos to see which is which? I was trying out HTML5 instead of Flash
(do have it installed).

Must be HTML5. If I right-click, I get a context menu (Pause/Mute/Playback speed/...), but if I escape from that, the last entry on the list behind it is "About the HTML5 player."

BTW, if I right-click the video and choose "Full screen" from the context menu, the video pauses and I get a full black screen. When I escape from that, I can resume playback by clicking the "play" button.

Paul B. Gallagher