On 11/1/2016 5:57 AM, Desiree wrote:
On 10/31/2016 3:21 PM, Luis wrote:
Hawker wrote:
Wondering if this is me or what could be up?
Are others finding an increasingly large number of sites that don't
work?

I'm starting to get a lot of sites that no longer work.
* Some of Google maps causes blank pages when I click for more or to
open a map.
* 1&1 site builder has buttons I can't click and features that don't
work.
*I an online dosbox game simulator crashes constantly and will freeze if
I hit any sound controls.
* A lot of more complex sites that have "buttons" that I must click just
don't seem to work.
*  Some fancy sites crash and just stop working till I reload SM.

All these examples work just fine in the latest FireFox.

I have tried disabling all my plug ins with no luck. Not sure what to do
to trouble shoot.

As a related note I'm sometimes unable to get anything on line - acts
like the net is down, but other browsers work. Closing and re-opening
works.

I'm on Win7 64b if that matters.

Is this a sign that SeaMonkey is getting dated or perhaps my ancient
install (been upgrading since before V 1.0) needs a serious clean out?

I'm working on a new site and have found a couple of Javascript scripts
that fail every now and then.  Besides, the cookies script (required for
Europe) is permanently displayed at the bottom of all pages no matter if
you click accepting the cookies. In my opinion SM is faulty and obsolete.
I'm curious to know why you people use SM instead of FF.

Start a new profile and go to the problem sites.  It's very fast and
easy to switch profiles in SeaMonkey compared to Fx.  Also try safe mode
and go to those sites.  If the sites work in safe mode then it is likely
an extension causing the problems.

I had to create a new profile and not mess with it much in terms of
tweaking and extensions.  On my default profile I was unable to get a
number of sites to work correctly.  They work fine in a new profile.  My
default profile is ancient.  I just switch to the new profile when I
want to go to one of my "problem" sites and then switch back.

So it turns out that the new profile often works when the old one does not. How does one go about figuring out what is broken in the old profile?