On 11/02/2016 08:03 AM, Desiree wrote:
On 11/1/2016 10:59 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 2/11/2016 1:00 PM, Desiree wrote:
On 11/1/2016 3:17 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

In Firefox we only have to enter about:profiles into the address bar,
click Create a New Profile and follow the instructions.

You can do this in SeaMonkey too. Works at least in 2.49a1. Didn't test
with previous versions :) Launch in a new browser doesn't work but
everything else does.

FRG

That does not work in CURRENT Fx 45.4 ESR.  (I am a "sensible" user,
thus, I opted out years ago from Mozilla's insanity of too frequent
browser versions that makes you hate a once great browser). Sensibility
is what makes SeaMonkey attractive also. I don't mind in the least that
it is still on 2.40.

The problem with Fx is that you cannot simply go to Tools/Switch Profile
and switch very rapidly and easily.  With Fx you need to shut down Fx
first and then start it again and choose another profile. (Perhaps
there is a keyboard command that makes it easier on Fx but I use
desktops only and am a mouse person so I know few keyboard commands. Sea
Monkey's method uses a mouse so I like it).

On SeaMonkey, if you click Tools/Switch Profile you get a popup where
there is a button in the lower left corner "Manage Profiles". Click on
it and then on the first button "Create Profile" if you don't already
have a second profile.  To me, buttons, drop down menus, and pop up
screens are far more understandable than typing "about:profiles" into
the address bar.  Most users don't tweak their browser so "about: x "
typed in the address bar is a foreign idea to them.  I am surprised
Mozilla is using that starting with some version of Fx past 45 ESR...but
then most everything Mozilla does now with Fx just makes it harder and
less intuitive to use.

In my Win7 SM 2.40, I've clicked on both WaltS48's and Desiree's
"about:profiles" links and both times SM tells me ....

Invalid Address

The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.

The provided address is not in a recognized format. Please check the
location bar for mistakes and try again.
Unquote

In the SeaMonkey Profile Manager (Tools->Switch Profile), I see I have
three accounts.

What am I doing wrong??

I don't think you (or I as I get the same message) are doing anything wrong in Sea Monkey 2.40. f...@gmx.com is using a much later beta version that it works in. He said he did not test whether it worked in earlier betas or in current Sea Monkey release version.

It does not. It wasn't a feature in Firefox 43.0.

I don't recall what version of Firefox it appeared in first. Obviously not version 45.

--
Visit Pittsburgh<http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
Coexist<https://www.coexist.org/>