Jim wrote:
> I got up this morning and found that my search engine has been switched
> to "duckduckgo".
>
> No matter what I switched to for search in preferences, duckduckgo came
> up as a search engine.
>
> I went to the screen under search engine precedence, and moved
> duckduckgo down to last.  It still came up as my search engine.
>
> Finally, I deleted it from the list of available search engines under
> preferences and that got rid of it (for that user profile in SM).
>
> Reading up on this subject, it appears I may have updated or installed
> something, and didn't see a box checked to make duckduckgo my default
> search engine (my bad).  But there isn't a good explanation how to get
> rid of it completely (says to uninstall the app but doesn't give a good
> idea what that app is).
>
> I notice my other SM profiles still come up with duckduckgo as search
> engine.  Any ideas (besides deleting that as an available search engine
> in each profile)?
>
> Running SM 2.46, W10, adblock plus, noscripts, and Norton Security Suite.

Restore temporarily the Search widget to the main toolbar:

1) Right-click on Main toolbar select Customize

2) Find the Search widget, the one that now has the DuckDuckGo icon with
the dropdown option, not the one with the magnifier, and drag to Main
toolbar

3) Click the dropdown on the newly restored Search widget and select
engine of choice.

4) You can now remove the Search widget with right-click on Main toolbar
select Customize and drag off the widget

Now you will have your default search engine in the Location widget and
in the right-click option menu...

--
Take care,

Jonathan