stan wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Jim wrote:

I got up this morning and found that my search engine has been
switched to "duckduckgo".

Reading up on this subject, it appears I may have updated or
installed something, and didn't see a box checked to make
duckduckgo my default search engine (my bad). But there isn't a
good explanation how to get rid of it completely (says to
uninstall the app but doesn't give a good idea what that app
is).

Not your fault, it's a known issue. Everyone who upgrades to SM
2.46 seems to have it.

Easiest solution is to delete DDG from the list at Edit |
Preferences | Browser | Internet Search | Manage Search Engines.
Then you can choose the desired search engine and SM will stop
overruling you.

DuckDuckStop!!

Unfortunately it does not work! I can select new search engine but
DDG is still coming up.

Really? Even though it's not on the list of search engines?? Are you sure you really deleted it? Let's make absolutely sure.

Delete DDG as described above. Clear cache and cookies: Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Private Data, check the desired boxes and click the button, "Clear now."

Close SeaMonkey completely (use Windows Task Manager | Processes to be sure it's really gone). Start SM and go to the pref described above to see what search engines are listed. DDG should not be on the list. Is it? Really? If it is gone as expected, make your choice and then try searching from the location bar.

Paul B. Gallagher