On 01/02/17 5:35 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Gerry Hickman wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Didn't check with 2.46 yet but works fine here with 2.48.

I can only see official build for SM 2.46, Win, x86. Did you build it from
source?

Yes currently in Beta. Will likely become the next SeaMonkey version after 2.46.

I've now found it hangs trying to print any web page, even local HTML files.
Safe mode is no different.

Personally I am thinking you printer driver may be the problem. And SeaMonkey
isn't that good cleaning up old drivers either. Backup your profile and go to
about:config. Search for print and reset every entry which is not the default
(the bold ones). If you can disconnect your printer and deinstall its software
 completely. I had similar problems a while back with an older HP Laserjet.
There were several generations of drivers still in the Windows registry. Took
me a few hours to clean everything out.

As I understand it, I can't go back to 2.40 without risking data loss due to
new sqlite format and POP3 message store incompatibility...

Yes this might cause problems. If you try it at least back up the profile
before and delete the storage.sqlite and storage dir from you profile after
going back to 2.40. But I would try to fix the problem. Its likely something
on your system alone because no one else reported a similar problem yet.

FRG

FRG
I have experienced this with 2.40 in the past. If I pick another printer driver, I can usually get my print. The biggest problem is if I try the pdf driver first and then try to go to my Canon printer, I cannot access that. By using another pdf driver, I can usually get it and then the canon.