Gerry Hickman wrote:
The bug report is exactly the same issue as I am seeing.

I tested removing certain print related settings from prefs.js (about:config), and I'm now able to switch between a browser that is able to print, and a browser that hangs.

I found two categories of "print" settings in prefs.js
1. "print_printer", {printer name} and "printer_{printer name}", {value}
2. "print.print_printer", {printer name} and "print.printer_{printer name}", {value}

Category #1 (without the 'dot') seem to be irrelevant - I deleted all of them, and printing was still broken.

Category #2 (with the 'dot') are the settings that were causing the issue. If I delete all of them, I lose the old page setup parameters, but I'm able to print, and any new page setup parameters will be written back to prefs.js.

I also tried to narrow down the specific settings in category #2 that were causing the issue, and it looks like the "print_paper_{setting}" and related settings.

old settings that cause hang (but look correct)
print_paper_height, 11.00
print_paper_width, 8.50

new settings that work (but look wrong)
print_paper_height, -1.00
print_paper_width, -1.00

So there's an easy workaround for the technical user, but this is not a great upgrade experience for a non-technical user. Either way, a setting in prefs.js should not be able to cause a browser hang, it suggests parsing (and validation) of parameters is not as it should be. I'm fairly sure this must be related to recent changes to the SeaMonkey code, as it was always stable in the past.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)