Jonathan N. Little wrote:
accordiong...@gmail.com wrote:
This thread has gone in the wrong direction, as it is focusing on whether or
not I have backed up my profile data.

No you seem to be missing the point. You did not need to create a new
profile and "lose" your data just by uninstalling SeaMonkey and
reinstalling the previous version.

The issue of backing up is just a given! One should always have a backup
strategy. And since the downgrade does not corrupt your whole profile,
only the very limited scope of your browsing history, I mentioned how
your could restore most of that with your backup.

The original (and more important) question is -- is "shouldn't SeaMonkey check
System Requirements before automatically updating?"

I thought it did. Folks have posted issues where the newest version
would not install on Windows with CPUs sans SSE2. Maybe this is a Mac
quirk...

Disable automatic updating. In Preferences > Advanced > Software Installation, under "SeaMonkey" uncheck "Automatically check for updates".