On 28/02/2017 7:42 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 28/02/2017 3:51 PM, djc wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 28/02/2017 2:43 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote on 27-02-17 15:44:
On 28/02/2017 1:28 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote on 27-02-17 13:56:
On 27/02/2017 4:16 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote on 26-02-17 09:11:
Whilst on-line with LibreOffice open, I got an indication there
was a
newer LO available (I had 5.1.xxx and there is a 5.2.5 available)
so I
clicked to download it. That opened a webpage at
donate.libreoffic.org
and a sub-page indicating "You have chosen to open:
LibreOffice_5.2.5_Win_x86,msi" where I clicked the "Save File"
button.

At about this stage, I noticed a lot of activity on my Wireless
Broadband Dialler screen, but I did not get, what I thought, was
the
normal "Save file to:" screen.

Is this the way things are now?? Or, if I clicked to donate,
would I
get the old "Save file to:" screen??

In either case, where has my, now completed, download file been
saved??

What are the options set in the: "Edit" - "Preferences" -
"Browser" -
"Downloads" set of options ?

When starting a download (x) Open the download manager (x) Just
flash
the download manager if it is already open.
When saving a file (x) Always ask me where to save files.
Remove download entries Never
When a download completes (x) Show an alert.

Just as they have been for some time!
Therefore if your option is (x) Always ask me where to save files.
Your downloaded file location is written in your memory ....

But, Ray, I didn't get the screen to select where to save the file.

That's very strange ....

So you need to search for: *.msi
or for: LibreOffice_5.2.5_Win_x86

... in all your drives.

Yeap, and, as I responded to JAS up-thread, that search gave zero
results for LO 5.2.5. :-(

One last possibility. Try
C:\Users\<your user id>\AppData\Local\Temp
Partial downloads can be put here - look for a large file.

YMMV
djc

Yeap! Good try, there are indeed several ".part" files there, including
a 500MB ".iso.part" (new Linux system) file from mid Jan and even three
".msi.part" files from 2016 but nothing in the last six weeks!!

Good try. (Now I must find out of I can delete all this stuff (1.32GB)
to save a bit of (500GB) disk space!!)

And, as tonight is the end of the billing month and I've still got just
over 800MB left of my monthly allowance, do I have another go!! Ah, what
the heck, you never know if you don't have a go!!

And bang went the rest of my monthly allowance!! Still have no idea where any of the LibreOffice downloads are being stored!! Maybe straight to the Big Bit Bucket ... or the even Bigger Bit Bucket!! :-(

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751