On 3/10/2017 8:18 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/9/2017 4:44 AM, Simon Charles wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I would love to try SeaMonkey, but I can't download it!
>>
>> I am a long-term Mozilla user trying to download it from
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases - using Firefox on Windows 7.
>> Frustratingly, I just get the following 'insecure connection' warning
>> (with no obvious option for circumventing it):
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> Your connection is not secure
>> The owner of download.cdn.mozilla.net has configured their website
>> improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has
>> not connected to this website.
>> This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that
>> Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible
>> to add an exception for this certificate.
>> Learn more...
>> [BUTTON] Go back  [BUTTON] Open Login Page
>> [BUTTON]Advanced
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> which gives the impression that Firefox doesn't want you to download
>> SeaMonkey, that one part of Mozilla is not a good fit with another part.
>>
>> The advice given in the Windows Installation Instructions on
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall (text below)
>> is no help if there is no advice on getting beyond the warning page.
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> Note: Windows may warn you that it could not verify the publisher when
>> you try to run the installer. This is because the SeaMonkey installer
>> for Windows is not digitally signed. As long as you downloaded the
>> installer from either www.seamonkey-project.org or mozilla.org, you can
>> safely ignore it (more experienced users may use the checksums linked to
>> from the download pages to verify the integrity of the installer).
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> Looking forward to trying SeaMonkey - and seeing an update on the
>> Documentation so that other people don't get put off and abandon trying
>> to download it (as I nearly have been).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> SC
>>

> Try <https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.46/>.

By the way, <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases> works okay for
me accessing it using SeaMonkey 2.46.  It is possible that the Firefox
developers have implemented another unrealistic "safety" feature that
fails to recognize real-world use of the Web.  This is an excellent
reason why you really want to switch to SeaMonkey.  Try using Internet
Explorer to download it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Paraphrasing Mark Twain, who was quoting someone else:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and
alternative truths.