On 5/11/2017 9:58 PM, Daniel wrote:
> On 12/05/2017 12:21 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 5/11/2017 6:06 PM, Dirk Munk wrote:
>>> I have a problem with the data manager / password manager.
>>>
>>> After starting it up, it takes some time and then this message appears:
>>>
>>> A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.
>>> You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the
>>> script continue.
>>>
>>> Script: chrome://communicator/content/dataman/dataman.js:779
>>>
>>> At least that was the message when I last saw it.
>>>
>>> Every time I clicked 'continue' the message came back after a while,
>>> until finally I could use the manager.
>>>
>>> It was also possible to give this answer automatically, so I did that.
>>> Now it takes a long time before I can use the manager, but at least it
>>> works without clicking 'continue' several times.
>>>
>>> However something is wrong, what can that be, and how can I solve the
>>> problem?
>>>

>> Do not use the Data Manager.  Instead, get the Passwords button (an
>> extension) from
>> <https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/toolbar_button_maker/en-US/suite/>,
>> install it, and then customize your menu bar or tool bar to include it.
>> From the Customize Toolbar window, its icon is a yellow and orange key.
>>
> David, why shouldn't Dirk use the Data Manager/Password Manager as it
> comes in SeaMonkey?? I just clicked mine up and it seems to be working
> O.K. No need for any Extensions!!

The Data Manager only displays passwords for a single specified domain.
The Passwords button displays the entire password database all at once.

Note, however, the Passwords button requires the user to enter the
master password merely to display the domains and user IDs.  The master
password must be entered a second time to display the actual passwords.

With only user IDs displayed, the Passwords button allows the user to
change a selected user ID.  With passwords also displayed, the Passwords
buttonallows the user to change a selected user password.  I cannot find
a Data Manager capability for such editing.

Finally, the Passwords button provides options for displaying when a
password wasfirst used, when a password was last used, last changed, and
how many times it has been used.  No such options exist for the Data
Manager.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??