MozUser wrote on 6/6/2017 12:12 PM:
All that jabber and I did not see where anyone could tell me the meaning of
those icons.  Are all of them defined someplace or are we just supposed to
ignore their meaning ?  I think not otherwise why would they bother to put
them up !

I am talking about the area where the unexpanded posts and expanded post
trees are shown and only the icons that are in the column just to the left
of the "Subject" column.  That's the column that has an icon in the header,
under which there are only icons.

Here is a link to a screen capture of my SeaMonkey. Two message icons are circled. The top one indicates a message that has been downloaded before the previous time of viewing this group. Obviously most of the icons displayed look like this. The bottom circled icon is on a message that was recently downloaded and so is "new". Once I leave the group and return, this icon will turn into the other one.

Notice there is no difference in the icons for read vs. unread messages. The bold type indicates unread messages.

http://arius.com/images/SeaMonkey_message_icons.png

--

Rick C