Ray_Net wrote on 12-06-17 21:37:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 12-06-17 20:51:
Ray_Net wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 12-06-17 13:08:
Ray_Net wrote:

Hello,

http://www.rtl.be/tv/rtltvi/emissions/la-grande-balade

Says "Une erreur s'est produite, veuillez rafraichir la page."

["An error occurred, please refresh the page"]

instead of playing the video

"media.autoplay.enabled" is false ... and I did not find a way to
start the video, nor other videos on the same page.

WFM ("la boule de Julien").

media.autoplay.enabled is true by default here, but if I switch it to
false, clear cache and cookies, and reload the page, it autoplays
anyway. Rude!

Can you see the controls if you mouse over the vid?

When you switch the value of "media.autoplay.enabled" to false ... did
you stop then restart SM before doing your test ?

I didn't the first time, but I did just now. Result: I get an image of the food with a superimposed "play" button, but the video doesn't autoplay. When I click the "play" button (what you call a "triangle"), the video plays normally.

There is no control to be seen when my mouse go over the video.
Il I click on a triangle in the middle of another video on this same
page, instead of playing the video, I got the ["An error occurred,
please refresh the page"] message.

On my machine (Win7 Pro SP1, with Adobe Flash and Shockwave), mousing over the video causes it to display a "play/pause" button (a rightward-pointing triangle inside a contrasting circle), a progress bar, a volume control, a size control, and two timers (variable progress so far on the left, fixed total video length on the right).

After I changed media.autoplay.enabled back to true, even without restarting SM, the video autoplayed as expected.

So I cannot stay with "media.autoplay.enabled" false. Otherwise I got only an error message.
BUT NOW - it's completely broken.
With "media.autoplay.enabled" true, cache cleared and cookies about this domain, and a reboot of the pc.... the video will not play, I just have this error message.
Videos at youtube site works correctly.
Perhaps the problem came with cookies from another domain than rtl.be ...