Ed Mullen wrote:
On 7/18/17 at 2:00 PM, DoctorBill's prodigious digits fired off with
great aplomb:
Ed Mullen wrote:
On 7/18/17 at 11:29 AM, DoctorBill's prodigious digits fired off with
great aplomb:
Every once in a while, my SeaMonkey changes.
Today the mail went from "Classical View" to "Wide View" (Layout).
Several days ago, my Tabs lost the active tab white - which I had a
thread about here.

I did not change them !

Do some Web Sites do that ?
If so how can I stop this nefarious messing with my system ?

This is MOST ANNOYING !

DoctorBill

Do you have more than one profile?

Do you have more than one shortcut to open SM?

Neither !

DoctorBill

Does anyone else use the computer?

I've never seen such behavior. Any add-ons that might be doing this?

99% myself. The wife did some Ancestry.com a while back, but almost entirely me.

The Mail sometimes goes from "Classical View" to something else and I have to finger out
how to get back to the classical view.

But what bugs me is the ACTIVE Tab losing that different color or hue !
I asked about the Active Tab thing a while ago here.

The answers were too complex for me to get much out of them - as very often
happens here.  Answers being too technical for novices.

In any case - things get changed around by some nefarious method.....
I wonder if some web sites can do that and why would they ?
That's like asking WHY there are criminally minded people who like to do harm....!

May I suggest that the SM Menu have a toggle called "Lock In The Current System"
which when toggled on does not allow ANY change whatsoever to SeaMonkey !
For what it's worth - FWIW

DoctorBill