On 8/1/2017 4:45 PM, Bea wrote:
> Malwarebytes  has repeatedly notified me they're blocking
> www.swagbucks.com<http://www.swagbucks.com>, The report mentions a threat of
> an outbound connection, the same IP addressed each time, and
> C:\programfiles(x86)...Application\chrome.exe.  Every time I try to uninstall
> Chrome I get the message that I have to close Chrome windows, whatever that
> means.
>

> This started after downloading the newer version of SeaMonkey.  What do I do
> to get this to stop? How do I uninstall Chrome?
>

> Bea
>
> Earn Reward Points and Redeem Them For Free Stuff at
> ...<http://www.swagbucks.com/>
> www.swagbucks.com
> Earn Swag Bucks for your online activity. Join with Facebook or enter your
> email, new password, and re-enter password to get started.

First of all, Mozilla (including such Mozilla-based applications as
SeaMonkey) used the term "chrome" (lower-case "c") before Google
developed its Chrome (upper-case "C") browser.  If you have Firefox,
Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, or related applications, you have chrome folders
and files.  These have nothing to do with Chrome or chrome.exe.

Now for your problem, you have installed AVG Anti-Virus in addition to
Malwarebytes.  The fault lies with AVG Anti-Virus.  When you updated AVG
Anti-Virus, it automatically added the Chrome browser without asking you
for permission.  My recommendation is to uninstall both AVG Anti-Virus
and Chrome.  This can be complicated.  The following assumes you are
using Windows 7, but there should be equivalent steps with other
versions of Windows.

For Chrome, you must use the Windows Task Manager.  On your task bar at
the bottom of you monitor screen, right click away from any task
buttons.  Select Start Task Manager.  Select the Processes tab.  Near
the top of the Processes pane, click on the Image Name bar to sort the
processes in alphabetical order.  If you scroll down and see chrome.exe,
select it and then select the End Process button at the bottom-right
corner of the window.  Check to make sure Chrome is terminated.  Then
use the Windows Programs and Features window to uninstall Chrome; you
can reach this window from [Settings > Control Panel].

To uninstall AVG, see
<https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=How-to-uninstall-AVG>.

Then get a fresh installer file for AVG.  When you install, make sure
you uncheck the checkboxes for also installing Chrome.  NEVER again
allow AVG to update automatically.  NEVER again click on the update
button in AVG.  ALWAYS work from a fresh installer file that you
download via SeaMonkey.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump demands loyalty to himself from Republican members
of Congress.  I always thought that members of Congress -- House
and Senate -- were required to be loyal to the people of the
United States.  In any case, they all swore an oath of office
to be loyal to the Constitution.