NoOp wrote:

I do this quite often (set up both IMAP and POP3 accounts for the
same email address) and just put IMAP or POP after the account name
e.g., xyz@mail.comIMAP and xyz@mail.comPOP3 to identify which is
which. The names are set up in:

Edit|Mail & Newsgroups Accounts Settings (or right click on the
account name and select 'Settings') - click on the bolded account
name and edit 'Account Name:' change for xyz@mail.comIMAP for the
IMAP account and xyz@mail.comPOP3 for the POP3 account. (note: don't
do the same for anything else in the account properties - only do
this in the 'Account Name' box). Click 'OK' at the bottom of the page
& you should now be able to easily identify which is in the Name
column.

You and the OP should also know that the account name can be anything you like. SM does enter your email address as the default, but you don't have to keep that or even include it in the Account Name field. For example, you can have names like "Home Office" or "Burner Hotmail" or "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" or whatever floats your boat. The only real constraint is that it should make sense to /you/.

Paul B. Gallagher