On 01/09/2017 19:47, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> Mason83 wrote:
>
>> On 01/09/2017 10:15, Yamo' wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On dailymotion (french alternative to youtube), I can see the
>>> videos if only I change the userAgent to a Firefox user agent.
>>>
>>> Exemple vidéo : <http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5yt7bl#>
>>>
>>> Do you have the same bug?
>>>
>>> I have Seamonkey 2.48 on Linux 64Bits.
>>
>> I haven't been able to use Dailymotion for several months. I'm pretty
>> sure they converted the site to HTML5 video, but for me it seems to
>> try to fall back to Flash, which is disabled...
>
> I tried disabling both Shockwave Flash ("flash") and Shockwave for
> Director ("shockwave"), and the videos played fine anyway. I even tried
> disabling the VLC plugin, and the videos played fine anyway.

Update: I can watch DM if I activate Flash, but HTML5 just
doesn't work for me.

My profile is pretty old and deviates a lot from the default,
so I probably have a setting or 12 that upset the HTML5 dance.

Dunno if it's worth investigating... all I've ever watched
on Dailymotion is the uncensored version of Blurred Lines
with Emily Ratajkowski strolling topless...

Regards.