DoctorBill wrote:

I found the ,mab file.
Cannot find any signons.sqlite file - even tried searching the C:\ drive.
No luck !

Mine is here:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\ey8r9gln.default\signons.sqlite

Mine does not.  Even Search didn't find it on C:\
? ? ?

Your profile is in the appdata folder in your Windows user profile, and that's normally hidden. If I remember correctly, Windows search will ignore hidden files and folders, although I have my main computer set to *not* hide appdata.

Ultimately, that's all data that's in a place where Microsoft expects *only* access through applications, and not directly from the user (e.g., Windows Explorer or CMD prompt).

However, Mozilla profiles don't entirely fit those assumptions.

For this, it's helpful to ambiguate your access, using the environment variables that Mozilla uses, rather than trying to translate your specific settings from somebody else's.

Using the example noted above, the location that you're looking for is:

  %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Seamonkey\Profiles\<salt>.default\signons.sqlite.

(and this syntax works for Windows XP, where Microsoft used a different path structure for user data). The only thing you have to substitute is <salt> with the 8-character alphanumeric string that prefaces the name of your profile (usually "default"). To find the proper name of the profile (if you don't already know it), then you can enter the path above, up to "Profiles", then use the Explorer dig deeper into the profile.

For good measure, using this approach gets you past any limitations that are imposed by hidden folders. If you know the exact location (including use of environment variables), you can always get there.

In this context, something you might want to consider doing is to put a shortcut for your profile on your desktop or in your Documents folder. That will make it easier for you to get to your raw profile data, including making backups.

Historically, I've always been enthusiastic about using MozBackup, but since it's no longer in development, I no longer encourage use. Thus, the only way to back up a profile is by copying it -- either by backup of all your Windows user data (including the contents of %APPDATA%) or just your Seamonkey profile. For the latter, if you have a shortcut, all you have to do is to copy the contents to another location.

Smith