DoctorBill wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/13/2017 10:21 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
I just backed up my Bookmarks to a Thumb Drive - there is a backup
choice under "tools"
in the Bookmarks manager to do that.

I have four "Address Books".
How can I back those up to a Thumbdrive ?
Do I use "Export" ?
If so, do I Export each of the four Address Books ?

How about backing up the Passwords ?

DoctorBill  using SM 2.46

Why are you not backing up your entire system?  I do that weekly.  See
my <http://www.rossde.com/computer/computer_backup.html>.

If I want only my passwords, I use the Password Exporter extension from
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/password-exporter/>.  I
had to run the .xpi file through the converter at
<http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/> in order to install it in
SeaMonkey.

For my Address Book, I use the built-in [Tools > Export] menu items in
the Address Book window.  That is for Thunderbird, but I suspect it
works the same for SeaMonkey.  If you have multiple address books (I
have 6), however, you get a separate file for each.

Holy megabytes, Batman !

I just wanted to save my passwords and bookmarks 1
That Password thing you told me about sounds like something Abby Sciuto
might try explaining to Jethro Gibbs on NCIS !
My reaction is about the same as Gibbs'.

MAYBE Mozilla could come up with a Password Backup function in "Tools"
in the
'Manage Passwords' menu choice  (?) !    Maybe it could print out the
list of
Sites and Usernames and Passwords all lined up like a chart - it would
be nice !

People WOULD like to backup every one of the compiled doodads in SeaMonkey.

BTW - what is the "Data Manager" for ?
SeaMonkey is GREAT - but has a lot of unexplained "Computer Geek" stuff
which
is not "user friendly" - an old term that still applies to good software.
Some of us just don't live in that world every day of our lives......

BTW - please don't be offended and thank you for attempting to help a nerd.

DoctorBill

That web site you gave:
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/password-exporter/>
is a good example of Geek Jargon !
I have NO IDEA what "...and disabled login hosts using XML or CSV files..."
means.
The "Review" by THX is ......what....jibberish to us unwashed nerds.

DB