There needed to be a couple of steps before but I forget which versions. I know you need at least one interm install, I think it is 2.0.
Unless  you get a more sure answer my advise would be

1) Download and install MozzBack up. Back up with it first so you can go back to before an issue if one shows up.
2) Download Seamonkey 2.0 and update to that.
3) download the latest version and update to that.

The other thing that may work is back up with Mozbackup then install the latest version and use Mozbackup to install your history and settings into there.