On 10/7/17, rjkulman <rjk...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Lee wrote on 10/7/17 1:59 PM:
>> On 10/7/17, rjkrjk <rjk...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>> attempted to log on to my router (Netgear AC1900/R7000) using the all of
>>> the following standard netgear address
>>> 10.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, routerlogin.net
>>
>> don't use routerlogin.net -- it works only if the netgear is your dns server
>> which it probably is, ok, but do you check which wireless network
>> you're connected to before entering the userid/password?
>
> tested with all 4 potential log ins....only 2 worked- with FF (10.0.0.1 and
> routerlogin)
> NONE worked with SM
>
> am connected to the netgear router, have tried both 2.4 and 5.0ghz
> no difference

ok - same pc, ff works, sm doesn't pretty much eliminates the wireless
network as the problem

>>> NONE work....and I get an 401 Error,   unauthorized
>>
>> have you looked at
>> https://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27199
>>
>> if nothing there helps,
>>    if not already, connect your pc directly to the netgear with an
>> ethernet cable, turn off wireless on the pc & try again
>>    create a new SM profile & try again
>
> tried that also,   direct connect to netgear router, from the PC, no
> internet connection NONE of the URL's worked

did you create a new profile in SeaMonkey and try logging into your netgear?

My understanding is that a new profile starts off with an empty cache,
no saved credentials, default preferences & no plugins/addons.  So if
the problem is because of an addon, stale cache entry, changed pref
(eg. user.js), etc. a new profile eliminates all of those
possibilities.

>>> however, when using FF 56, I have NO Problem accessing the router
>>> using routerlogin.net or 10.0.0.1 ( the 192.168.x.x both time out)
>>
>> You're using FF & SM on the same machine?
>
> yes, both browsers are on the same system/machine
> which makes it really strange

yup

>>> I have cleared cache, removed the 192.168.x.x passwords

But the 192.168.x.x addresses aren't for your netgear.
Have you cleared the passwords for 10.0.0.1, routerlogin.net & routerlogin.com?

Lee