On 29/10/2017 7:44 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 29/10/2017 7:05 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
DoctorBill wrote on 28-10-17 19:21:
Why can't the Site Manager erase them ?
Filter them out....?

DoctorBill

I have now created an filter named ITALIAN-PEDOFILO
With ANY of the following in the subject:
PEDOFILO
ASSASSINO
PERVERTITO
PEDERASTA
BASTARDO
MAFIOSI
PORNO
ASSASSINA
CRIMINALE
PEDOPHILE

And it works ....

Thanks for this, Ray, I've just added a new filter that looks, I hope,
for those words in the Subject and then "Ignore Thread" and "Delete
Thread", even if they are on a news server!!

By-the-By, I first off made the filter for "Ignore Thread" and then
added the "Delete Thread" filter, but, as the "Ignore Thread" had now
disappeared, I went looking for it and found, if I Up-Arrowed, I got a
seemingly endless list of "Ignore Thread" and "Delete Thread", but, no
matter where I was in the "list", I could only down arrow once!!

O.K., I created a new filter which I applied against this News Server to cover the four groups I check and which looked for those ten words (listed above) in the Subject: of the message and I selected to "Ignore Thread" and then added the "Delete Thread".

Tonight I see listed two of these Italian SPAM messages listed in this group and one of them lists at least three of those ten words, i.e. it was not filtered out of my view!!

I've just listed those ten words in the Subject: area, with a space between each of the words, e.g. "PEDOFILO ASSASSINO PERVERTITO PEDERASTA .....". Is this how to do it or should they be separated by a comma and space??

As I typed above, I've applied the filter to the Server. Should I be applying them, individually, to each group that I want the filter to apply to??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!