Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Jim wrote:
(Nuno Silva) wrote:
On 2017-12-03, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Jim wrote:

I have 5 SM profiles set up on my PC. Even though my PC is 6 years
old and has slowed down considerably from when I first got it
(probably one factor is that Intel did not write a driver for Intel
RST for my chipset for Windows 10). Anyway, when I go to
www.google.com with my profile, the web page loads pretty much
instantaneously (even though I cleared the cache, history, etc, etc
before opening it, so it would not use cached info). My daughter has
www.google.com as her home page, and it takes forever to load. I
think we have the same add-ons, although I'm running noscripts, and
she is not. However, I have allowed all scripts for the Google page
on my browser. Any ideas? I'm considering deleting and recreating
her profile, to see if that helps.

Probably simpler/easier/more effective to clear her cache and
cookies. If that doesn't work, then you can consider more draconian
measures.

I'd also compare the preferences set in prefs.js between the two
profiles.

If you find out what is causing the slowdown, please share. I'd be
interested to hear...

Sorry -- couldn't find out what was slowing it down.  So I took the "more draconian" measures of deleting the profile and recreating it, ...

So you never tried the cache/cookies thing? Or didn't it help?

I tried it before I made my original post on SM, and it didn't help.