WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/14/17 11:46 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/13/2017 3:45 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
If so, *WHY*?

I ask because I follow a similar group following a different fork of
Netscape.

On that group the moderator chastised a poster for suggesting
conformance to courtesy/productivity issues.

YMMV

Mozilla newsgroups are listed at
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/>.  Those newgroups that are
moderated are indicated as such.  There is no indication of moderation
for mozilla.support.seamonkey.

True enough. But in practice, Chris Ilias removes messages that violate his criteria and issues warnings both public and private. If you want to call that moderation, there it is.

You have received warnings about off-topic, or other unacceptable posts to this specific newsgroup?

I have. I didn't always agree with the assessment, but what could I do?

And it's not like he's fining me or firing me or putting me in jail. At most it's an annoyance when it happens to me, and a pleasure when it happens to real bad guys like the Italian spammer. ;-)

Paul B. Gallagher