On 1/7/2018 2:48 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote on 06-01-18 18:05:
>> On 1/6/18 2:36 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>> I have read:
>>>
>>> "Disable Javascript until browser company comes out with patch for
>>> vulnerable Javascript."
>>>

>>> So, will SM issue a patch against the Spectre exploit ?
>>
>> SeaMonkey 2.49.1 is based on Firefox 52 ESR code, and Firefox 52 ESR
>> doesn't have SharedBufferArray enabled.

>>> ||SharedArrayBuffer| is already disabled in Firefox 52 ESR.|
>>
>> |REF: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2018-01/|

> Would it mean that we are protected ?

That would mean SeaMonkey is protected.  You must also update Windows
itself AFTER you verify that your anti-virus application is compatible
with the Windows patch.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump:  Please stop using Twitter.  We need
to hear your voice and see you talking.  We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.