Lemuel Johnson wrote:
On 2/20/2018 6:13 PM, jamielansf...@gmail.com wrote:
I typically bcc myself and so I see replies and messages I have sent. Lately, SeaMonkey seems to be inserting random punctuation or graphics, sometimes where I had entered spaces.  For example, I typed this correctly, but this is what appeared in the copy I sent to myself:

No.?? They went up to $100 per, effective -- I believe -- January 1.??

Another example:

?????? I am sorry that when I wrote the email the other day about the cost of PHV, I did not realize that the PHV fee had been doubled, I suppose effective as of January 1.?? I still think the money is worth spending rather than having issues at deposition or later for not having gotten admitted.

Any ideas what to do about this would be largely appreciated.  It's getting embarrassing.

Thank you.

Happened to me today as well.  Looks like it's every time I double-space after a period (not breaking that habit).  This is a note I just sent to myself:

This is followed by two spaces.?? This is followed by a single space. This is more text.

Lem Johnson

Something similar Happened a while back to a post that I made. I am in the habit of using two spaces after a full stop (period) before a new sentence. I don't remember who it was, but someone asked why I was putting, I think, x'0A32' before the new sentence. IIRC, we never did figure out what was going on but either the first or second space somehow got changed to a non-standard character. All of the sentences in this message (except the first, of course) are preceded by two spaces like here without the full stop (period). This is written with the latest, just downloaded and installed version of SeaMonkey, 2.49.2

--
Frosted Flake