On 3/13/18, Nuno Silva <nunojsilva@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2018-03-13, Lee wrote:

>>> Thanks for all replies ... I was just curious of "how can a site block a
>>> text selection".

>> probably one or more of those
>>
>> Did you try setting  dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled  and
>> dom.event.contextmenu.enabled  to false and see if they can still
>> block text selection?
>>
>> Lee
>
> The code that was shown elsewhere in this thread shows that they are
> blocking the selection with "ondragstart=...". I don't think this event
> is controlled by the settings you mention.

^shrug^ I'm being lazy and asking instead of testing it myself.  I
have both of those settings in my user.js & I don't feel like removing
them, enabling javascript and then visiting the site to see if the
problem I didn't have originally still doesn't happen (and then
reverting my user.js).  So I guess I'll just live in ignorance :)

Lee