On 4/25/2018 11:54 PM, Mason83 wrote:
On 26/04/2018 04:18, Ant wrote:
I have these currently installed in my SeaMonkey v2.49.2 web browsers:
* ColorfulTabs 31.1.9 (http://www.addongenie.com/colorfultabs)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.16.1-signed (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/)
* Open With 6.8.6 (https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith)
* PrefBar 7.1.1 (http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/)
* uBlock Origin 1.13.8 (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock)

Is it because developers moved onto the new Gecko engine? :( Thank you
in advance. :)

SM 2.49 is based on FF 52 ESR.

FF 57 changed the addons APIs : XUL to Webextensions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XUL

All addons had to be rewritten, some authors just gave up.

Thus, new versions have switched to webext, which SM 2.49
does not support, so no upgrade.

If SM 2.54 or higher is ever released, we can use FF webext
addons again.

Thanks. That is what I thought. :(
--
"Maybe it's like an ant hive..." "Bees man, bees have hives." "You know what I mean. It's like one female that runs the whole show." "Yes, the queen." "Yeah the mamma. She is bad*ss, man. I mean big." "These things ain't ants estupido." "I know that." --Aliens movie Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\           Ant(Dude) @ Personal Web Site http://antfarm.ma.cx
 | |o   o| |          If crediting, then use Ant nickname and URL/link.
    \ _ /              Axe ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
     ( )