EE wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

>>> I tested your claim here with messages originally written in HTML and
>>> with messages originally written in plain text, and in all cases the
>>> options I described worked as expected. I tested with View Message Body
>>> As Plain Text and with View Message Body As Original HTML, and it made
>>> no difference.
>>>
>>> SM 2.49.2, Win7 Pro SP1, SeaMonkey Default Theme.
>>>

>> It seems that some attachments do work, and some don't. In this instance
>> it is a forwarded message (i.e. forwarded to me from someone with an
>> apple client who received a message with attachments).
>>
>> The message and its attachments display OK in Gmail webmail, and also on
>> my Iphone mail client.
>>
> From what I understood from using Thunderbird, attachments are removed
> from messages before forwarding them.

I have found another example where I sent an email to myself from my
iPhone. The attachment is not recognized until I change the view from
plain text to original HTML. I can't see any reason for this, especially
as it is not consistent. If there is a reason for it, then it would
apply to all attachments, not just those from Apple clients. So I
conclude that SM is not handling attachments from Apple properly.
(Whether because of Apple, or because of SM).