On 06/14/18 2:57 PM, cmcadams wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Mozilla User wrote:
First YouTube, then YahooMail, now I will soon no longer be able to track my packages through USPS using SeaMonkey.

When on the USPS using SeaMonkey, I get this message:
Alert: As of April 30, USPS.com will no longer support outdated browsers. To continue access, you may need to upgrade your browser. Read more ›

:(

I guess years of using the Mozilla Browser, and then SeaMonkey are about to come to an end. I loved the idea of it and have been a loyal user for about 15 years, but now I guess I need to switch to FireFox. It's just a pain in the neck to keep switching between browsers for certain websites. I like having one browser for everything.

Just wanted to let the group know that I found myself totally unable to complete a customs form on the USPS website on Monday.  I wound up having to physically fill one out at the local post office to get my package sent.

This is impacting more that SeaMonkey, I was unable to do so with the CURRENT FireFox and Google Chrome either here on my linux mint 18.3 x64 system!  I can only assume that their snooping is not happy with linux browsers.

I assume that at some point I could spoof a user agent string that will make USPS happy, but this is getting ridiculous when current releases of major browsers are not being supported simply because they are linux releases.

Dave

For what it's worth, my UA string for USPS is spoofed as

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

and when the same (red) message appears I click on "Read more" and it tells me I am virtuous and everything is ducky. No functional problems, but I haven't tried to do much on USPS lately.

Logged into my account using the string:

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.4

On the line that says they are not going to support out of date browsers, I clicked on the "read more" line and got:

Good news — your browser is up to date.

You can continue to access all USPS.com features with your current browser version.

Thank you for using USPS.com!

So it looks like they DO support SeaMonkey.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed