WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/18/18 5:51 PM, Ray Davison wrote:
My main point is, if you separate app, profile and mail, you can break one without effecting the others. I have had a lot of profiles break. I just fix it, get a backup, make a new one,,,.

Isn't the profile already separated from the app?

If I uninstall SeaMonkey, then decide to install it again, the data is still there.

I'm also curious as to how you separate mail from a profile, without using another profile, which is still accessed by the app.

Are you saying the Mail folder isn't in any profile?

If you make a copy of the profile, and put it anywhere you want, with any name you want, and add the -Profilemanager switch the shortcut, and create a profile, which is actually the copy you made and named, you will now be using a profile that is not part of the app tree. But most importantly is something, somewhere you control.

The profile does not contain the mail, it contains a pointer to the mail. The default points to a location very near. You can move the mail to somewhere very far away.

I have all apps on partition H:. I have all profiles in a one sub-directory on I:, and mail in another sub-directory on I:.