David E. Ross wrote:

In my old age (more than 3/4 of a century) my hands are not as steady as
they used to be.  The feature requested above exists in Thunderbird,
which I use instead of SeaMonkey for E-mail and newsgroups.  However, I
find that I sometimes attempt to select a tab but accidentally select
the X on the tab to the left of my target.  Not having those Xs in
SeaMonkey is a benefit to me.

You can cycle through browser tabs using CTRL-SHIFT-TAB with no danger of hitting the wrong spot.

I'm unaware of tab usage in the Mail/News app.

Paul B. Gallagher